Borrow, Renew, Return
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
- Select the books you want to borrow.
- Bring your ID to the circulation desk.
- For one week, you can borrow up to three books at a time.
- You can renew the books up to two times.
P.S. If an item is reserved by another user, it may not be possible to renew it.
- According to our Circulation Policy References, Journals/periodicals, microforms, and items from Special Collections are not available for borrowing.
- Go to the Library's Website lib-catalog.ngu.edu.eg
- Log in to your library account using the username and password that library staff assigned to you.
- You will find the books you have borrowed, as well as a renew box opposite each book. When you click on it, the books are renewed for another week.
- Please double-check that the new due date has been updated.
- If the date did not change, or if you had any difficulties renewing, please contact the library at:
- Chat with us.
- Send us email at Library@ngu.edu.eg.
- Bring the books to the library before the due date.
Borrowed books must be returned to the library on or before the due date.
- Go to the Library's website lib-catalog.ngu.edu.eg
- Look for the book you need to hold.
- Please ensure that all copies have been borrowed before pressing the hold button.
- When the reserved book is returned, you will receive an automated e-mail.
- The book will be held in your account for only 2 days before becoming available.
The late fee is 5 L.E for each book that is not returned by the due date.
Weekends and official holidays are not included.
Maximum overdue fine is 150 L.E.
After reaching the maximum overdue amount, the account is blocked, and borrowing is no longer permitted.
Replacement costs for the LOST book include the average cost of a circulating item plus a 25% processing fees. If the item is returned after fees have been assessed, all fines will be forgiven.
In case of an emergency that may prevent the returning of the book(s) on the due date, an e-mail should be sent to the library staff.